There is an excellent network of mountain railways, boats, paddle steamers, post buses and trains giving you access to all areas of the region and beyond. The Tell Pass offers free regional travel and if you wish to go further afield the Swiss Pass can provide free travel across Switzerland.
Sightseeing and Excursions
| ||Price ||Regional Pass Price |
|A day on the lake (2nd Class) ||£25 ||Free* |
|Mount Rigi ||£40 ||Free* |
|Mount Pilatus ||£41 ||Free* |
|Stanserhorn (2nd Class) ||£35 ||Free* |
* Only available in resort
Tell Regional Pass
Get the most out of Lake Lucerne with unlimited travel for 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 days on all regional trains, boats, mountain trains, cable cars and buses in the area. For upstairs access on the Lake Lucerne boats, upgrade on board to the 1st class Tell Pass.
5 days unlimited travel in 15: 1st £164 2nd £144
2 days unlimited travel in 7: 1st £120 2nd £105
· Lakeside promenades · Riverside dining · Mount Pilatus and Rigi for some wonderful views and excellent walking trails · A trip around the lake on a paddle steamer · The Swiss Transport Museum is well worth a visit, trains, planes, racing cars, motorbikes and bicycles · Picasso museum · A day at Lucerne's lido for swimming in the lake and beach activities · A concert at the KKL
Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi
This travel card entitles you to unlimited use of various forms of transport all over Switzerland at a discounted price.
· Up to 50% off train, bus, and boat tickets
· Up to 50% off most mountain railways
· Up to 50% off cable car tickets
This card is included in your holiday, free of charge.
Lake Lucerne Region Visitor's Card
A great way to see more of Lucerne and save a few pennies as you go, with loads of reductions on spas, transport, sports and cultural attractions.
· Discounted travel on lake cruises and cableways
· Use of the late-night shuttle boat between Lucerne, Weggis and Vitznau
· Discounted entry to swimming pools and spas
· Discounts on sports activities
· Discounted entry to a variety of museums and guided tours
Available free to all customers staying in Lucerne.
Tell Regional Pass
Discover more of Lucerne with this great travel card. Whether you want to explore by boat or train, it's all included.
· Unlimited travel on the trains, boats, buses, cable cars and mountain railroads of Central Switzerland
· Discounted entry to the Gletschergarten in Lucerne
· Discounted admission to the classic city walking tour in Lucerne
· Various other discounts in the central Switzerland region
Available to buy locally. Adults £155 for a 5-day pass.
Make the most of the Swiss rail network with a Swiss pass giving you the freedom to explore the length and breadth of this intriguing country. Why not visit some of these places from Lucerne.
| ||Distance |
|Bern ||1hr |
|Zurich ||50 mins |
|Lugano ||2 hours 30mins |
|Interlaken ||2 hours |
Call-away Holiday Advisor
There isn’t a Holiday Advisor based in your resort. Your local Holiday Advisor will be in touch before you arrive. Then, if you need to speak to them during your holiday, they’re just a call away, 24 hours a day. Or you can send them a text, email them or even tweet them – whatever works for you.
- Visit fascinating museums and art galleries make a bee line for the transport museum
- High quality luxury hotels to great value city hotels
- Walk through the lush green meadows of Mount Pilatus to the tune of cow bells and alpine horns