So what's it like?
Situated in a perfect location in the centre of Cadenabbia and just across the road from the lake side, the recently refurbished Hotel Britannia Excelsior enjoys beautiful views out across Lake Como. Just a few metres from the hotel and on the lake side itself is the Lido outdoor pool and lido area and directly infront of the hotel is the floating pool, set on a platform over the lake where you can take in the sunshine during the day and is also the perfect place to enjoy an evening aperitif. The bedrooms vary in size and rooms at the rear of the hotel have a quieter outlook towards the village. Hotel Britannia Excelsior represents excellent value for money providing simple, traditional accommodation on an all inclusive basis with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Book the Discovery package by 29 April 2015 and get flights, transfers, accommodation and excursions in one great value package for all summer 2015 departure dates only.
Lake Como Discovery
A prestigious and romantic lake, ideal for relaxation and indulgence with its attractive lakeside villages and beautiful waters surrounded by traditional Venetian villas. The Britannia Excelsior sits opposite Lake Como in the resort of Cadenabbia making it a perfect place to explore some of the most beautiful and luxurious attractions in Italy and neighbouring Switzerland - journey to Switzerland on the famous Bernina Express, enjoy a tour of Lake Orta and Stresa and immerse yourself in the shopping and sights with a day trip to Milan.
- St Moritz and the Bernina Express (Monday).
- Day trip to Milan (Tuesday).
- Tour of Lake Orta & Stresa (Friday).
St Moritz & the Bernina Express: travel over the panoramic Maloja Pass to Switzerland. Here you board the Bernina Express train on which you will take in amazing views. St Moritz, the world famous, exclusive Swiss resort is set beside a lake and surrounded by magnificent mountains.
Day trip to Milan: spend a day in Milan, a city of history, music, fashion and shopping. The city is best known for its mighty Duomo and the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie housing Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper. Also worth a visit are the impressive Sforzesco Castle and La Scala Opera Museum.
Tour of Lake Orta & Stresa: a full day tour with a drive to Lake Orta followed by a visit to the elegant town of Stresa on Lake Maggiore.
Please note: entrance fees and optional additional activities are payable locally. The trips are daily local coach excursions and it is likely that guests from other companies will also participate in them. Must book by 29 April 2015. Only available for summer 2015 departure dates.
· on main lake road · short walk to ferry departure point · 5 minutes' walk to Cadenabbia · 3 minutes' walk to lido pool, bar and restaurant
for 2 people on all inclusive sharing a twin room with private shower and WC located at the rear or side of the hotel. Triple rooms also available. Rooms with a balcony and lake view, superior rooms with balcony and lake view, deluxe rooms at the rear of the hotel and deluxe rooms with balcony and lake view are available at a supplement. Small single rooms, some of which overlook the hotel's atrium, are also available. All rooms have hairdryer, safe, flat screen satellite TV, fridge, ceiling fans and air conditioning.
· superb lake views · floating pool on a platform over the lake directly infront of the hotel · 3 minutes walk to outdoor lido pool and bar, pool towels provided at a small charge · bar and terrace · lido restaurant and lake view lounge bar · internet point · several spacious lounges · TV room · regular live music in the bar · extra charge for à la carte restaurant · free shuttle boat service between Bellagio and Cadenabbia at set times · extra charge for late night shuttle service to Bellagio lido and disco until 2am (high season only) · 6 lifts · 284 bedrooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 4 course buffet lunch or packed lunch · 4 course buffet evening meals with choice of menu • unlimited drinks (beer, wine, local branded spirits, soft drinks, tea and coffee) from 9.00am-11.45pm
Lake Como Discovery
- St Moritz and the Bernina Express
- Day trip to Milan
- Tour of Lake Orta & Stresa
The lido pool and bar are open 10am-6pm to all inclusive guests (spirits not included) then Wed-Sun from 6pm-11pm for the public with live music most nights when the bar will no longer be all inclusive. The lido, lido restaurant and lake view lounge are open subject to weather conditions.
Special offers this summer
• No single room supplement all season · 20% discount available at the à la carte restaurant
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
Best for single travellers
Travelling on your own is easier and cheaper with these accommodations ideal for single travellers.
All inclusive includes breakfast, afternoon tea or lunch (dependent on your accommodation), evening meal, local beers and wines and soft drinks.