Hotel Astoriain , Italy
So what's it like?
On Garda town's central lakeside promenade, 5 minutes' walk to the ferry departure point, the quirky Hotel Astoria is ideally situated for exploring Garda town and its surroundings. The hotel's traditional restaurant and pizzeria 'Il Giardino delle Rane' (The Frog Garden), is renowned locally for the cuisine and vast collection of ornamental frogs of all shapes and sizes. The optional half board (available at a supplement) is taken in the restaurant. Guests are also welcome in the chic new bar 'Art Café Alla Torre', adjacent to the hotel, which hosts varied evening events including tea dances and live jazz.
There are several hotels named Astoria around Lake Garda. As well as here in Garda, you'll also find a Hotel Astoria in Malcesine and a Hotel Astoria Park in Riva. Please check that the resort you have chosen is the one you intend to visit when you make your booking.
Book the Discovery Package now and get flights, transfers, accommodation and excursions in one great value package for summer 2017 departures dates.
Lake Garda Discovery
The Hotel Astoria sits on the lakeside in the centre of Garda' picturesque town, just a short walk from the ferry terminal. Combine with our Lake Garda Discovery Package, we'll get you out and about enjoying the delights of the lake and exploring some of Northern Italy's must-see attractions.
- Excursion to Venice (full day).
- Tour of Lake Garda (full day).
- Wine tour (half day).
Venice: Discover the beauty of this magical ancient city, with its maze of canals and waterways. The trip starts with a motorboat ride to St Mark's square, shortly followed by a guided walk through the historic centre, allowing you to explore the sights. An optional gondola ride and lagoon trip are available.
Lake tour: Tour by coach along the romantic Gardesana road. Visit some characteristic lakeside villages with free time to explore. Cross the lake on a steamer, to enjoy the stunning views across the lake.
Wine tour: A half day visit to a wine cellar, with a tour from the owner. Try several types of wine, with snacks to complement the different flavours. Visit a small local town with a charming medieval centre. Lastly, a visit to a nearby olive oil factory to be taught how to taste and compare the oils.
Please note: Entrance fees and optional additional activities are payable locally. The excursions are daily local excursions and it is likely that customers from other companies will also participate in them. Book now for summer 2017 departure dates only.
· central location in Garda town · 5 minutes' walk to ferry departure point · short walk to/from the hotel on arrival and departure day, luggage will be transported
for 2 people on bed and breakfast sharing a twin room with private shower and WC. Triple rooms are also available. All rooms have air conditioning (01/06-15/09) and satellite TV. Some rooms have head-to-head twin beds
Infants and cot hire
Cot hire is available free of charge.
· first floor open-air terrace overlooking the lake with chairs and parasols · reception/lounge area · small extra charge for use of large outdoor pool at the Park Hotel Oasi, 20 minutes' walk away · bar/dining room · air conditioning throughout the hotel (approx 01/06-15/09) · 23 bedrooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · optional half-board upgrade available · optional dinner is taken from the à la carte menu and includes either a first course (pasta/risotto) or a second course (fish/meat), side dish (vegetables/salad) and dessert. Drinks are not included. Some dishes may carry a small local supplement, clearly indicated on the menu.
It is a short walk to and from the hotel on arrival and departure. Your luggage will be transported to a central location on the lakefront, less than a minute's walk from the hotel, and you'll need to collect it from there.
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
Exclusive to Thomson
This accommodation is only available through brands operated by TUI Travel PLC in the UK including Thomson.
Bed and breakfast
Bed and breakfast includes breakfast.