So what's it like?
The family-run Hotel Fischerwirt is in a great location if you prefer to be close to all the action. Located in the pedestrianised centre of Zell am See, you can either be at the lake's edge in just a few minutes or on a gondola heading towards one of many mountain trails. The Fischerwirt has a good reputation for its food, serving a nice mix of regional and international dishes. The rooftop terrace has been attractively refurbished and is a wonderful place to really appreciate the beauty of the area. If you wish to indulge in a little pampering then, for an extra charge, you can head over to the neighbouring Hotel Romantik and use their spa and wellness centre.
Book the Discovery package by 30 Apr 2014 and get flights, transfers, accommodation and excursions in one great value package for all summer 2014 departure dates only.
Zell am See Discovery
Your base will be the lakeside town of Zell am See set against a dramatic backdrop of snow capped mountains and within easy reach of Austria's most popular attractions. Zell's historic village centre has a bustling ambience with friendly cafés, bars and an inviting selection of shops to browse on a sunny afternoon.
- Excursion to Salzburg.
- Excursion to Berchtesgaden.
- Excursion to Krimml Waterfalls.
- Twilight cruise of Lake Zell.
Salzburg: A city made famous by its music, home to Mozart and the 'Sound of Music'. Explore the cobbled old town, the cathedral and medieval fortress before crossing the river to stroll through the pretty gardens of the Mirabell Palace. Optional city tour on foot (approx. €10).
Berchtesgaden: Choose to visit the saltmines and dress up in old fashioned miners clothing as you are given a tour around this wonderful underground world or visit Hitler's famous 'Eagle's Nest' perched on top of the Kehlstein mountain. After time to explore the Bavarian town of Berchtesgaden. Optional entrance to Salt Mines (approx. €14) or Eagle's Nest (approx. €15).
Krimml Waterfalls: At the foot of the Gerlos Pass, these waterfalls are the highest in Europe. Enjoy a walk up the footpath beside the falls to the top where the best views can be seen. Entrance fee (approx. €2).
Please note: Entrance fees and optional extras are payable locally. Must book by 30 Apr 2014 for summer 2014 departures dates only.
· central location · in the heart of Zell am See's pedestrian zone · just a few minutes walk to lake shore
for 2 people on all inclusive sharing a small room with Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC. Standard rooms and superior rooms sleeping up to 3 people are also available at a supplement. All bedrooms have minibar, cable TV, hairdryer and safe.
· sauna · extra charge for massage and solarium · extra charge for bike hire · extra charge for use of leisure facilities at Romantik Hotel connected by walkway · rooftop terrace · comfortable indoor bar · stube · free WiFi throughout hotel · lift to all floors · extra charge for outdoor parking · 30 bedrooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily packed lunch (drink not included) · 3 course evening meals with choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly speciality dinners such as farmers' buffet, Italian buffet or gala dinner · free unlimited beer, wine, local schnapps, soft drinks, tea and coffee 10am-10pm in hotel 1st floor bar
At certain times of the season meals may be taken in the neighbouring sister Romantik Hotel, connected by walkway.
• Free summer card
• Free unlimited beer, wine, schnapps, soft drinks, tea and coffee 10am-10pm (1st floor hotel bar)
• Free daily packed lunch (no drink)
• Free weekly guided walk
• Free entrance to lakeside lido
• Free daily afternoon cake
• Free WiFi throughout hotel
• Free and reduced prices for 2-11 yrs incl. when sharing with 2 adults
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
These accommodations come with the highest rating possible - our customers' recommendation.
All inclusive includes breakfast, afternoon tea or lunch (dependent on your accommodation), evening meal, local beers and wines and soft drinks.