Hotel Park in , Austria
So what's it like?
The Hotel Gasthof Park is an excellent hotel with a great reputation for its high standards of service and cuisine. Many of the rooms have been refurbished over recent years to help this become one of St Johann's leading hotels for both comfort and traditional style. You can also expect a warm welcome from the Grander family and their friendly staff.
The Park is in a peaceful setting a short walk from the centre of St Johann and even closer to the Harschbichl gondola for easy access to a multitude of mountain walks. There's loads going on in and around the hotel too. There's a nice wellness suite for a bit of early evening relaxation, a garden for daytime sunning, or for the kids to play - and the hotel organise weekly mountain hut trips both for breakfast and evening live music as long as the weather holds out.
Bike hire is available for only a few euros per day making it easy and fun to get out and about. You'll also receive free daily entrance to the local Panoramabad outdoor swimming pool in town - great for kids and adults that like to get wet.
Lastly, you can keep your wallet in your pocket during evening meals - selected beers, wines and soft drinks are all included while you eat.
Book the Discovery package by 27 April 2016 and get flights, transfers, accommodation and excursions in one great value package for all summer 2016 departures dates only.
St Johann Tirol Discovery
Nestled between the mighty Kitzbüheler Horn and the majestic Wilder Kaiser Mountains you will find that St Johann is perfectly located for exploring Austria's most popular attractions. This traditional village is full of Tirolean ambience and comes alive in the summer with numerous festivals.
- Excursion to Salzburg.
- Excursion to Hidden Lakes.
- Excursion to Krimml Waterfalls.
- Traditional Tirolean evening.
- Apple strudel demonstration and tasting.
Salzburg: a city made famous by its music, home to Mozart and the 'Sound of Music'. Explore the cobbled old town, the cathedral and medieval fortress before crossing the river to stroll through the pretty gardens of the Mirabell Palace. Optional city tour on foot (approx. €10).
Hidden Lakes: a tour of some of the hidden lakes and sights in the region that otherwise you might not see. Lake Walchsee and the Hintersteinersee in Scheffau are two of the sights you will visit.
Krimml Waterfalls: at the foot of the Gerlos Pass, these waterfalls are the highest in Austria. Enjoy a walk up the footpath beside the falls to the top where the best views can be seen. Entrance fee (approx. €2).
Please note: entrance fees and optional extras are payable locally. Must book by 27 April 2016. Available for summer 2016 departures only.
· 5 minutes' walk to village centre · 3 minutes' walk to gondola · 6 minutes' walk to 'Panoramabad' swimming pool and tennis court complex
for 2 people on half board sharing a small room with Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC. Eaves rooms sleeping up to 4 people are also available. Standard and single rooms with balcony are available at a supplement. Large rooms, on main floors*, with French balcony are also available at a supplement. Some rooms sleep up to 3 or 4 people with extra sofa beds or similar.
All bedrooms have cable TV, hairdryer and safe.
*Floors are split level at the Hotel Park. The lift stops at main floors only and there are 9 steps down to 'inbetween' levels. Please choose 'large rooms' if lift is required.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· lift to main floors · free outdoor parking · 53 bedrooms · free WiFi in public areas
Wine, dine & unwind
· small garden · large, comfortable lounge and bar area · mountain hut trip with live music - weather permitting - small local charge for transfer
Spa, wellness & pools
· steam room, sauna, infrared cabin and small fitness room · extra charge for solarium · free entrance to the village swimming pool
For the family
· outdoor children's play area
· outdoor tennis courts - 1 hour free use per stay · table tennis · extra charge for bike hire
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · weekly mountain hut breakfast - weather permitting - small local charge for transfer · packed lunches · afternoon tea/coffee · 4 course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly barbecue - weather permitting · unlimited beer, house wine and soft drinks with evening meals
Exclusive to Thomson
This accommodation is only available through brands operated by TUI Travel PLC in the UK including Thomson.
Gold award - for overall excellence recorded from customer satisfaction questionnaires. Current awards are based on summer 13 customer ratings.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
Hire a bike directly from the hotel, an easy way to get about.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.