• Innsbruck · 55km · 1 hour • Salzburg · 140km · 3 hours 30 minutes
Birmingham, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle
Culture and history
Less than 2 hour transfer
So what's it like?
For centuries one of the Tirol's most popular holiday areas Achensee or 'Lake Achen', the largest lake in the Tirol (9km), is set against the imposing backdrop of the Karwendel mountains rising steeply out of the lake towards the sky. The resort of Pertisau lies peacefully on the shores of Achensee and is a lovely base for exploring the area. Altogether, Achensee has so much to offer whether you're looking to relax, walk or try new activities.
Available from £314 (return)
Achensee Discovery Card
Is a great way to get the most out of the local area and includes -
· Unlimited use of the Karwendl & Rofan lifts
· Travel on the 3 steam ships on the lake
· Travel on the Jenbach-Maurach rack-railway
· Entry to the Notburga and Tractor Museum in Maurach
· Entry to Swarovski Crystal World in Wattens
Available locally, adults 7 days, approx. €58
There is a bus service throughout the region. The summer lifts operate from early May until October.
During your stay you will have the services of a remote Holiday Advisor who is contactable 24hrs a day. There is no Holiday Advisor based in Lake Achensee but you will be given a welcome pack and contact number on arrival. We will also provide full pre-departure information
• picturesque lakeside village • variety of activities and watersports • excellent excursion programme