Excellent local bus service and a choice of summer lifts. Train service from nearby Zell am See to Kitzbühel, Salzburg and Bad Gastein.
Sightseeing and Excursions
|Pre-bookable Excursions ||Children ||Adults |
|Hochkonig - Half day (Sun) ||£11 ||£22 |
|Salzburg (Mon) ||£15 ||£29 |
|Grossglockner (Tue) ||£19 ||£29 |
|Krimml Waterfalls - Half day (Thur) ||£11 ||£22 |
|Berchtesgaden (Fri) ||£14 ||£27 |
Some entrances, tolls and optional extras are payable locally. Reduced prices for children up to 12 yrs incl. Infants who do not require a seat are free.
Please note: Krimml waterfalls excursion may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties as it includes steps and steep sections
· Take the lifts up to the Kitzsteinhorn glacier for superb views over the valley and the Hohe Tauern National Park · Visit the spectacular mountain reservoirs above Kaprun and the Sigmund-Thun gorge
Twin centre suggestion
Why not try a twin centre combining 7 days in Kaprun, at the superb Hotel Sonnblick, with a 3 or 4 night stay in imperial Vienna, staying at the fabulous Holiday Inn Vienna City. Please note that Vienna must be taken as the first centre. Alternatively combine your stay in Kaprun with a stay in the Austrian lake district at St. Gilgen staying in the Parkhotel Billroth, a former imperial villa set in its own lakeside park. Transfer to your second centre is usually by coach or minibus and may be via the airport. Call us to book.
All-inclusive Summer Card for 2013: All guests staying at selected hotels in Kaprun will receive this unique all-inclusive card allowing you to relax and enjoy the superb sights and attractions of this beautiful area of Austria. The local bus links Zell am See and Kaprun for only €1 per journey so you can take advantage of the great offers in both resorts, regardless of which resort you're staying in!
Zell am See
- Free unlimited descents on the Schmittenhöhe cable car
- Free ascent on the Schmittenhöhe cable car (once weekly)
- Free unlimited use of the Sonnenalm/City Express gondola
- Free round the lake boat trip on Lake Zell (once weekly)
- Free boat trip on the MS Schmittenhöhe (once weekly)
- Free unlimited lake crossings
- Free unlimited entry to lakeside bathing beaches
- Free unlimited entry to Zell am See indoor pool
Other nearby free attractions
- Free unlimited use of the Kaprun Gletscher gondola (to Alpincentre)
- Free ascent and descent from Alpincentre to Kitzsteinhorn (once weekly)
- Free unlimited use of the Kaprun Maiskogelbahn cable car
- Free unlimited entry to Kaprun Alpine Reservoirs
- Free unlimited entry to Kaprun Optimum Sports centre indoor pool
- Free unlimited entry to the Siegmund Thun gorge
Available for guests staying at the Alpen Wellnesshotel Barbarahof, Hotel Antonius, Hotel Toni, Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, Hotel Taurenhof, Hotel Mitteregger, Hotel Sport Kristall, Hotel Orgler, Hotel Zur Burg and Hotel Sonnblick.
- Free unlimited entry to the Vorderkaser gorge
- Free unlimited entry to the Seisenberg gorge
- Free unlimited entry to the Lamprechtshöhle cave
- Free unlimited entry to the Krimml waterfalls
- Free unlimited entry to the the Wild & Freizeit game & amusement park
- Free unlimited entry to the Pinzgau Museum of local history
- Free unlimited entry to the Mittersill National Park centre
Available from £314 (return)
Kaprun has a limited Holiday Advisor service. On arrival you will receive the contact number of the nearby Thomson Holiday Advisor based in Zell am See.